About The Organization: EntreNous’ mission is to deliver programs, resources and services to foster resilient and self-sustaining young people. Our purpose is to offer an integrated, human development approach to high-quality workforce and leadership development programs, education, resources, and services. Through the creation of an inclusive, equitable, and nurturing environment, we provide culturally relevant and rigorous instruction. The goal is to improve financial sustainability for youth and families in economically-distressed communities.
About Our Programs: EntreNous serves young people primarily ages 16-29 who have been pushed or have dropped out of traditional education. Through a variety of services, program members developed needed skills to create sustainable wage positions for themselves, primarily in Construction | Building Trades and Hospitality | Culinary Arts. Areas of focus include: Career Development, Counseling, Civic Engagement | Leadership, Education (Accredited High School Diploma), and Workforce Development (Construction | Culinary). We are a full-time, project-based program focused on social justice and restorative practices that allows young people to develop skills needed to rebuild their communities and their lives.
About The Position: EntreNous Youth Empowerment Services seeks to hire a full-time Manager of Workforce Services (Department of Labor YouthBuild and California Community Reinvestment grant funded) to manage the agency’s workforce programs (Compton YouthBuild, LifeBuild, Impactful Bites, etc.) including oversight of both internal and external people, processes and paperwork. Under the direct supervision of the Co-Executive Directors and Chief Programs Officer, the Manager of Workforce Services supervises all efforts to fulfill the goals and objectives of various grant funded programs by designing plans and operations according to contract and budget guidelines. This includes overseeing resources, coordinating the efforts of community partners and conducting ongoing outreach to serve participants and leverage EntreNous and community assets.
- Provide direct supervision to all workforce department staff by carrying out supervisory duties in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Develop, review, and revise, as necessary, all administrative policies and procedures in keeping with funding priorities and requirements
- Oversee service delivery, consulting regularly with the Executive Directors regarding quality control issues to maintain the highest standard of services
- Coordinate the development of cooperative relationships with other service providers and/or any other community resources
- Manage workforce program activities ensuring timely completion of progress notes and all forms related to the program
- Collect statistics and prepare reports for funders and internal agency use
- Coordinate the development of cooperative relationships with other service providers and/or any other community resources.
- Participate in EntreNous community, administrative, funding activities and appropriate contract related meetings as necessary
- Must maintain California Driver’s License and liability insurance to assist program partners with the daily operations of the program by conducting field visits to each program partner site
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree required in a related field
- Previous experience in a nonprofit setting preferred
- 5 years FT paid work experience in an organizational setting related to youth development – teaching, counseling, case management or youth service, healthy relationships, required
- 1-2 years’ experience supervising staff
- Effective presentation skills – ability to plan and facilitate individual and group training sessions on a variety of program related topics
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with participants, staff, management, and community partners
- Demonstrated sensitivity to individuals of various socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds
- Must be motivated to learn, a self-starter, trainable, and an excellent role model
- CA Driver’s License, reliable transportation, adequate insurance, and good driving record required (DMV printout); Pass Criminal Background Check; CPR/First Aid Certified (preferred), CA Mandated Reporter (preferred)
- TB Test (last 4 years)
- Covid vaccination records In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into EntreNous Youth Empowerment Services
- Meet the team, attend meetings, observe the organization, and learn the mission, vision and values
- Familiarize yourself with our internal processes and tools
In the first month, expect to:
- Spend time with the organization’s executive directors and team members to understand priorities and culture of the organization including philosophy and YouthBuild model
- Review all grant documents and build relationships with existing and new partners for service delivery and program work experience
- Step into the leadership of the Workforce Development Department
- Begin to understand the data collection, Electronic Records and documentation systems
In the first three months, expect to:
- Have a solid understanding of the role, the program and the delivery of services
- Participate in strategic organizational planning and continuous quality improvement
- Attend and participate in a new participant interview and selection process
- Manage team in new candidate intake interviews and needs assessment
In the first six months, expect to:
- Share ideas for new program elements
- Refine and innovate existing programs
- Begin setting personal and program goals
- No phone calls please. Please apply through Indeed.
- EntreNous is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of EntreNous to afford equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, citizenship status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.