About The Position: EntreNous Youth Empowerment Services seeks to hire a full-time Instructor (Department of Health and Human Services Title V grant funded) to facilitate the agency’s Project HEARTS Sexual Risk Avoidance Eduction program, a healthy relationship curriculum to 16-19 year olds for after school workshops. Under the supervision of the Manager of Project HEARTS, the Instructor is responsible for curriculum facilitation both in person and virtually, as well as required reporting and recruitment. Sincere desire to assist young people to succeed, develop self-confidence and effective leadership skills; familiarity with various challenges and issues faced by youth from low-income communities.
About The Organization: EntreNous’ mission is to deliver programs, resources and services to foster resilient and self-sustaining young people. Our purpose is to offer an integrated, human development approach to high-quality workforce and leadership development programs, education, resources, and services. Through the creation of an inclusive, equitable, and nurturing environment, we provide culturally relevant and rigorous instruction. The goal is to improve financial sustainability for youth and families in economically-distressed communities.
About Our Programs: EntreNous serves young people primarily ages 16-29 who have been pushed or have dropped out of traditional education. Through a variety of services, program members developed needed skills to create sustainable wage positions for themselves, primarily in Construction | Building Trades and Hospitality | Culinary Arts. Areas of focus include: Career Development, Counseling, Civic Engagement | Leadership, Education (Accredited High School Diploma), and Workforce Development (Construction | Culinary). We are a full-time, project-based program focused on social justice and restorative practices that allows young people to develop skills needed to rebuild their communities and their lives.
- Assist in the fulfillment of the agency’s vision, by empowering individuals to develop healthy adolescent relationships
- Conduct workshop trainings with participants (12 hours training – cohort model)
- Establish excellent community based partnerships with other service organizations to maintain a relevant referral network
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision and manage competing priorities
- Exercise sound judgment in making effective decisions and in problem solving skills
- Drive solid collaboration with colleagues and external partners to develop and expand high quality services for the target population
- Develop, track, report and document participant/alumni placement statistics, success stories and employment progress for a minimum of one year post program completions
- Prepare reports, presentations, and correspondence as required
- Attend community service, networking, conference events (some Saturdays or weekends are required) for participant and partner recruitment efforts
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Related areas: Education, Human development, Social services, etc.
- Previous experience in a nonprofit setting preferred.
- 2 years FT paid work experience in an organizational setting related to youth development – teaching, counseling, care management or youth service, required.
- 1-year experience working with young adults, preferred.
- Effective presentation skills – ability to plan and facilitate individual and group training sessions on a variety of program related topics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with participants, staff, management, and community partners.
- Experience with grant funded program management preferred.
- Highly organized with demonstrated volunteer or community service experience preferred.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to various socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Must be hard working, motivated to learn, a self-starter, trainable, and an excellent role model. Well organized, goal oriented
- CA Driver’s License, reliable transportation, adequate insurance, and good driving record required (DMV printout); Pass Criminal Background Check; CPR/First Aid Certified
- TB Test (last 4 years)
- Covid vaccination records
- Bilingual preferred, Spanish
In the ﬁrst week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into EntreNous Youth Empowerment Services
- Meet the team, attend meetings, observe the organization, and learn the mission, vision and values
- Familiarize yourself with our internal processes and tools
- Spend time with the organization’s executive directors, manager of Project HEARTS and team members to understand priorities and culture of the organization including philosophy and YouthBuild model
- Review all grant documents and build relationships with existing and new partners for service delivery and program work experience
- Begin to understand the data collection, Electronic Records and documentation systems
In the ﬁrst three months, expect to:
- Have a solid understanding of the role, the program and the delivery of services
- Assume full responsible for facilitation of workshops for participants
- Participate in strategic program planning and continuous quality improvement
- Attend and participate in a new participant interview and selection process
- Participate in new participant orientations, intake interviews and needs assessment
In the ﬁrst six months, expect to:
- Share ideas for new program elements
- Reﬁne and assist with innovating existing programs
- Begin setting personal and program goals
No phone calls please. Please apply through Indeed.
EntreNous is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of EntreNous to afford equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, citizenship status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.