About The Organization: EntreNous’ mission is to deliver programs, resources and services to foster resilient and self-sustaining young people. Our purpose is to offer an integrated, human development approach to high-quality workforce and leadership development programs, education, resources, and services. Through the creation of an inclusive, equitable, and nurturing environment, we provide culturally relevant and rigorous instruction. The goal is to improve financial sustainability for youth and families in economically-distressed communities.
About Our Programs: EntreNous serves young people primarily ages 16-24 who have been pushed or have dropped out of traditional education. Through a variety of services, program members developed needed skills to create sustainable wage positions for themselves, primarily in Construction | Building Trades and Hospitality | Culinary Arts. Areas of focus include: Career Development, Counseling, Civic Engagement | Leadership, Education (Accredited High School Diploma), and Workforce Development (Construction | Culinary). We are a full-time, project-based program focused on social justice and restorative practices that allows young people to develop skills needed to rebuild their communities and their lives.
About The Position: EntreNous Youth Empowerment Services seeks to hire a full-time Case Manager, Workforce Development (Grant Funded:State of California – Community Reinvestment Grant & US Department of Labor YouthBuild Grant) to provide services, resources and training to participants engaged in workforce development programming ages 16-29. Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Workforce Development, the Case Manager works to support the efforts to fulfill the goals and objectives of various grant funded programs by assisting in designing plans and operations according to contract and budget guidelines. This includes assistance in overseeing resources, coordinating the efforts of community partners and conducting ongoing outreach to serve participants and leverage EntreNous and community assets.
- Use evidence-informed and evidence-based care management strategies including crisis management, motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioral interventions
- Provide case management services, consulting regularly with the Manager | Workforce Development to maintain the highest standard of services
- Conduct face-to-face and/or virtual intake assessments, develop individualized care plans and acquire appropriate consent for enrollment
- Evaluate interests, strengths, needs, goals, physical and mental health, home environment, educational context, protective factors and any relevant case requirements
- Connect participants to Specialized Systems of Care
- Maintain case management files per agency and grant protocols
- Collect and report on data required for funders and internal agency use
- Assist in the writing of monthly/quarterly reports
- Foster relationships with community partners for recruitment purposes, provide support, resources and services to participants
- Participate in EntreNous community, administrative, funding activities
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College degree required in a related field (Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, etc.)
- Previous experience in a nonprofit setting preferred
- Experience working with at-promise young people ages 16-24+ from low-income, diverse cultural backgrounds
- 3 years FT paid work experience in an organizational setting related to youth development (TAY, at risk youth, system impacted youth/adults) – teaching, counseling, case management or youth service, healthy relationships, required
- Possess strong critical thinking skills and ability to handle crisis/emergency situations
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and organize thoughts
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with participants, staff, management, and community partners
- Sincere desire to assist young people to succeed, develop self-confidence and effective leadership skills; familiarity with various challenges and issues faced by youth from low-income communities
- Must be motivated to learn, a self-starter, trainable, and an excellent role model
- Spanish language skills, a plus
- Driver’s License, reliable transportation, adequate insurance, and good driving record required (DMV printout); Pass Criminal Background Check; CPR/First Aid Certified (preferred), CA Mandated Reporter (preferred)
- TB Test (last 4 years)
- Covid vaccination records
In the ﬁrst week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into EntreNous Youth Empowerment Services
- Meet the team, attend meetings, observe the organization, and learn the mission, vision and values
- Familiarize yourself with internal processes and tools
In the ﬁrst month, expect to:
- Spend time with the organization’s executive directors and team members to understand priorities and culture of the organization including philosophy and YouthBuild model
- Review all grant documents and build relationships with existing and new partners for service delivery
- Move into a deeper understanding of the role within of the Workforce Development Department and greater organization
- Begin to understand the data collection, electronic records and documentation systems
In the ﬁrst three months, expect to:
- Have a solid understanding of the role, the program and the delivery of services
- Participate in strategic organizational planning and continuous quality improvement
- Attend and participate in a new participant interview and selection process
- Manage new candidate intake interviews and needs assessment
In the ﬁrst six months, expect to:
- Share ideas for new program elements
- Reﬁne and innovate existing programs
- Begin setting personal and program goals
TO APPLY – No phone calls please. Please apply through Indeed.
EntreNous is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of EntreNous to afford equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, citizenship status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.